Recently Bramel Developments engaged Arborus Consulting, a leading energy efficiency and green building consultancy company in Ottawa to perform some energy modeling for our Parkview project. The results even surprised us as to how efficient the homes actually are. According to Arborus’ Robin Hutchison;
“The modelled energy performance for the Parkview Residential development predicts an annual energy consumption 51% less than an equivalent building constructed to the Ontario Building Code. This represents the highest performing residential building we have modelled to date”.
Please click the following link to see the report Report for Parkview Residential Hot2000 Modelling. Coming soon a breakdown of the report and what it means in terms of yearly energy savings.
Bramel Developments takes pride in building homes that are not only architectural striking but also that exceeds today’s standards for buildings. Here are some of the key green features of the homes in our Parkview project.
- Located within 100 meters of public transportation
- Located within 500 meters of future light rail stop
- Located with 1000 meters of community cars
- 1 parking spot alloted to each unit (5 units of 6)
- 1 unit with no parking – 10 years worth of bus passes
- Community bike racks
- Bike storage
- Permeable surfaceslandscaping where possible
- Mini bio-swales
- Rain water diverted from sewer system and returned to ground
- Increased density of residential units
Demolition of previous building:
- Waste sorted and diverted from landfill
Building Materials and Techniques:
- Sustainably and regionably sourced (FSC certified source)
- Low/No VOC materials
- No VOC paints
- Reduced waste from construction as materials carefully managed and re-used on multiple sites
- Roofing is semi-reflective surface reducing heat island effect
- R-30+ in exterior walls – Soy based Polarfoam (2lbs closed cell)
- R-47+n for all roof/floor – Soy based Polarfoam (2lbs closed cell)
- Continuous vapour barrier throughtout
- Cold Climate Heat pump – ecologix
- Tankless Hot Water Heater – Navian
- Radiant floor heating
- Concrete slab throughout
Windows and Doors:
- Double pane glass – 6mm argon filled glass – Solarban 70
- Alumico Fixed/Tilt and Turn window frames for better seal and thermal bridging.
- All doors are certified Energy Star
For more info or to schedule a showing on the Parkview project please feel free to give us a call at 613.218.5052.